Wednesday, April 7, 2010

La Vita Piccante -- The Spicy Life

My life is spicy.

That is to say, it's filled with spices. Oh yes. Mustard and coriander, garlic and thyme, even curry and peppercorn, and when I I'm feeling really froggy it might include bergamot or cardamom. I have a passion for cooking -- when I have time, anyway. Because when I'm not in the kitchen, I'm teaching English to 11th graders or running around after my own three (very busy) bambinos.

In the past 6 years I've given birth to my 3rd child, earned a Bachelor of Science in English Education, certified and practiced as a CAPPA labor doula, lost 80 lbs, gotten a divorce, moved across the state of North Carolina with 2 weeks' notice, and started my career as a teacher. Through it all, I've kept up my obsession with cooking.

I figure now it's time to share with everyone else...spread the spice so to speak. I'll offer some recipes, some laughs, and at the very least, make everyone else feel better about their own lives.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I found this link on FB! I have a love/hate relationship with cooking, but I will be trying your recipes!

    ReplyDelete