Saturday, April 10, 2010

5-minute Chocolate Mug Cake

I made hot dogs for lunch. There were only four left. This is a very big mistake when you have 3 children. I split the last hot dog into three equal parts and somehow, one piece ended up in the stomach of my beloved dog instead of Little Buddy's mouth.

Whoooopsie. To fix this major blunder, I offered her instant gratification in a cup:

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

4 tbs flour
3 tbs cocoa powder
4 tbs sugar
1 egg
3 tbs milk
3 tbs apple sauce OR oil
2 drops vanilla extract
Chocolate sauce

1. In a large coffee mug, mix flour, cocoa, and sugar. Add egg, milk, apple sauce or oil, and vanilla.

2. Blend with fork until smooth.

3. Microwave on high 3-4 minutes. Cake will rise over sides of cup, but will fall when removed from microwave oven.

4. Loosen cake from mug with butter knife and turn cup upside down onto plate. Cover in chocolate sauce. Serves 3-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment