I'm Italian. My bolognese sauce takes an entire day and the will of God before I will pronounce it ready for consumption. This means that I don't tend to make spaghetti as often as the kids would like.
This recipe is my compromise with them. And, BONUS! It's quick!
Spaghetti Skillet
1 lbs ground turkey or beef
1 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
1 tbs dried minced onion
6 oz tomato paste
15 oz canned tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tbs oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/8 tsp black pepper
8 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
1. In 4 quart sauce pan brown ground meat over medium high heat. Drain and return to pan.
2. Stir in tomatoes and dried onions. Simmer 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, garli, oregano, basil, and pepper. Stir in uncooked macaroni.
4. Bring to boiling over high heat. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 15-20 minutes, until macaroni is tender.
5. Allow to stand, uncovered, 5 minutes before serving.
Variations: substitute penne or rotini for macaroni. Add mushrooms, green pepper, or zucchini with tomatoes.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment