Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Iced Coffee

It's still hot here. Really hot. Hot enough to make Bella di Cucina grumpy and grumbly. Usually I'd reach for a cup of coffee to calm my battered nerves...but -- it's H O T. So here's the next best thing:

Iced Coffee

*8 tbs double-strength brewed coffee (see instructions below)
*2 tbs flavored coffee creamer OR chocolate syrup OR caramel syrup
*6 tbs skim milk
*1 tbs sugar
3/4 to 1 cup ice cubes

1. To make double strength coffee, use twice the amount of coffee grounds you normally would. I usually use 1/8 c of grounds per 8 oz of water, so for this recipe I use 1/4 c of grounds per 8 oz of water.

2. In your blender add coffee, creamer, milk, and sugar. Blend for 20-30 seconds. Add ice. Blend until frothy. Makes 16 oz of iced coffee

*You may need to alter these amounts according to your personal tastes

No comments:

Post a Comment