So *I* did it again...I combined their ideas and Meat Lover's Casserole was born. Rotini for Dancing Queen's mac obsession, pizza sauce for Gamer Boy's tomato-pie penchant, and sausage to satisfy Little Buddy's "breakfast" need (okay, okay -- so Italian sausage isn't really breakfast fare, but I couldn't very well pour syrup and eggs into this thing, now could I?). The result? An empty baking dish!
Meat Lover's Casserole
16 oz rotini pasta, cooked and drained according to package directions
12 oz Canadian bacon, cut into eights
1 lb bulk Italian sausage (I use turkey)
8 oz pepperoni slices, quartered
1/2 c diced onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp oregano leaves
15 oz can diced tomatoes
2 jars pizza sauce
8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
Optional: 2 cans of sliced black olives, drained
1. Spray 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread cooked pasta into dish, and top with Canadian bacon slices.
2. In heavy 4 quart sauce pan brown sausage, pepperoni, onion, garlic, pepper, oregano, and diced tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is browned and juices run clear. Pour over pasta and Canadian Bacon.
3. Stir in pizza sauce unti thoroughly combined. Sprinkle cheese over pasta and meat. If desired, top with black olive slices.
4. Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Allow to sit 5-10 minutes before serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment