I love Buffalo wings...I hate making them. By the time I crisp up the outside of the wings and then dip them into the buffalo sauce -- yeah, I don't really want them anymore.
Here's my easy way of making wings. Sort of.
Crockpot Buffalo Wings
5 lbs fresh chicken wings. Don't cut anything off.
Garlic powder
Ground red pepper
Ground black pepper
1 bottle Frank's extra thick Red Hot (the kind that's for dipping and pouring on hamburgers)
1. Line a jelly roll pan (humungous baking sheet) with foil and spray with cooking spray. Arrange wings, whole, with the wing tips on, on pan.
2. Sprinkle with garlic, red pepper, and black pepper. Broil 8 or so inches from heat for about 8 minutes, until skin is crisp. Turn wings. Sprinkle with more garlic, red pepper, and black pepper. Broil another 8 or so minutes. NOTE: be careful with the red pepper unless you like to watch your family choke helplessly on ridiculously spicy things.
3. Transfer wings to crockpot. Pour Frank's over wings. Cook on high 1 1/2 or so hours, until Frank's coats the wings.
4. Serve.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment