My name is Stacia and I'm a Fast Food Sandwich Addict. I know they aren't good for me and that they are clogging my arteries and shutting down my vital organs every time I inhale one. But I can't resist breaded chicken slathered in melty cheese and toppings.
Here's my much healthier at-home version:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
1/2 cup fat free mayonnaise
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbs fat free Italian dressing
1 cup dry bread crumbs
6 reduced fat Swiss cheese slices
12 slices turkey bacon, crisp cooked
Lettuce
Tomato Slices
Other garnishes of choice: ketchup, BBQ sauce, honey mustard, pickles, onions
6 kaiser buns
1. In small bowl mix mayonnaise, garlic, pepper, and Italian dressing. Pour bread crumbs into shallow dish (I use a pie plate).
2. Using a basting brush, coat chicken with mayo mixture. Roll in bread crumbs. Arrange on a large cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400 degrees 15-20 minutes, until juices run clear and coating is golden.
4. Top with cheese slices and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
5. Place chiken slices on buns and top with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and other desired garnishes.
VARIATIONS: To make Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches top chicken with marinara sauce the last five minutes of cooking. Add a slice of reduced fat Mozzarella or Provolone and cook until melted and bubbly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment